Operator is for competitors who prefer a load out with body armor.
- Operators may employ any handgun of 9mm or larger permitted by the Weapon SOP.
- Operators must employ an M-4/AR-15 platform rifle; centerfire pistol caliber rifles are permitted in M-4/AR-15 platform only.
- Operators may employ any shotgun permitted by the Weapon SOP. The shotgun magazine tube may not extend more than a ½ inch beyond the muzzle. This includes cap, sling swivel, etc.
Operator Load Out
- No “Sponsorship” shirts
- Operators must wear a plate/armor carrier. The carrier must have front and back “plates” in it.
Composition of the plates is unimportant. Plates must be rigid.
- Operators must carry on their person at least 3 fully loaded standard capacity rifle magazines and at least 2 fully loaded standard capacity pistol magazines in pouches/carriers as well as their extra shotgun shells. These must fit the competitor’s rifle and pistol and must contain live ammunition.
These are to be maximum legal capacity if limited by the competitor’s state of residence (i.e. 10 round limit law on some states) otherwise they are expected to conform to the Weapon SOP.
- Operators must wear a combat style helmet (replica and “bump” helmets are permitted).
- Operators may employ a MOLLE “Battle Belt” for their pistol holster and extra magazines. No “speed rigs” are not permitted; tactical holsters and magazine pouches only.
- Operators must carry a tactical Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) on their plate/armor carrier or battle belt.
- Operators may employ “leg rigs” for their pistol holster and extra magazines.