Range Safety SOP
- All weapons are to be considered loaded and handled in a safe manner at all times.
- Muzzle awareness is paramount; all weapons are to be carried with the muzzles pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory.
- Cold range. No weapons will be loaded except at the designated loading area and on the firing line.
- When not on the firing line, all long guns will have the magazines out and actions open; chamber flag if desired.
- When not on the firing line, all handguns will be holstered with the magazine out, chamber verified empty with the action closed, and hammer/striker down.
- If you must handle weapons when not engaging a stage, take them to a designated “safe area”.
- Breaking the 180 during stage engagement will incur a match disqualification (MDQ).
- Any negligent discharge that endangers the competitor or anyone on the range will incur a MDQ.
- Serious and/or repeated weapons manipulation violations will incur a MDQ.
- During stage engagement, the loss of control of any weapon will incur a MDQ.
- During stage engagement, any round impacting a prop not designated by the stage ROE as “OK to engage” within 3 feet of the competitor will incur a MDQ.
- During stage engagement, any round impacting the deck within 8 feet of the competitor will incur a MDQ.
- Sweeping/flagging any person (including yourself) with the muzzle of a loaded weapon at any time will incur a MDQ.