A “gun cart”, as is used in other shooting sports, is the best choice to keep gear organized and easy to access.
1. Holsters must be secure and retain the pistol during a wide range of movement.
2. No “muzzle-plug” or “speed-rail” type holsters.
3. Holsters must cover from the trigger guard to the end of the slide. Holsters may be open or closed muzzle. (Exceptions see Mutant category)
4. Handgun holsters must be on the weapon side (“strong side”) of midline and at no time be canted more than 30°muzzle forward or backward. Competitors carrying multiple revolvers may place holsters where convenient and must obey the 30° rule and Category SOP.
5. Vertical carry cross draw holsters are permitted.
6. No shoulder holsters.
7. No “sternum” or “chest mounted” holsters on chest rigs/tactical vests or plate/armor carriers.
8. Handgun holsters may be mounted to chest rigs/tactical vests or plate/armor carriers but must adhere to angle and placement requirements in #4 above.
9. Pistol magazine pouches/carriers/revolver speed loader holders should be secure and retain the magazine/speed loader through a wide range of movement.
- Rifle magazine pouches/carriers should be secure and retain the magazine through a wide range of movement.
- The competitor should carry extra shells on their person in case a combat reload is required.
- Weapon mounted shell carriers are permitted and are advised to be secure and retain the ammunition throughout a wide range of movement.